Facebook and Digg Thumbnail generator

February 4th, 2010 by fedmich Leave a reply »

This plugin will automatically add meta tags on the HEAD section of a post which will be used by Facebook and Digg as the share preview and will also enhance your wall posts by adding a clickable youtube videos on the left-side of your Facebook walls.

Download

Sample 1
,Sample 2

People searched for these terms:

• facebook thumbnail generator
  • wordpress facebook thumbnail
  • facebook and digg thumbnail generator
  • facebook thumbnail code
  • facebook thumbnail
  • facebook and digg thumbnail generator v1 12
  • facebook thumbnail creator
  • facebook and digg thumbnail generator plugin
  • fed mich facebook/digg thumbnail
  • im creator thumbnail facebook

155 comments

1. MDA says:

This is working for me only on the PAGES. If you try to link a POST from your facebook wall, it still shows no thumbnails. Any ideas?

2. Robert says:

How do I generate a 200×200 thumbnail for FB OpenID…automatically! Need to change the code to generate at size image for youtube videos. Thanks please get back with me ASAP! Thanks

3. fedmich says:

V1.14 is up, go and grab it :)

Added features:
    * Support for Vimeo videos

4. Nikhil says:

Hi,

I am using your plug-in and it does emit og:image tags. However, FB doesnt pick up any images. Please help. Here is the link I am trying to post: http://www.nikonrocks.com/web/2012/09/10/tantalizing-notting-hill-carnival/

Cheers,
    Nikhil

5. Mike says:

It seems we are required to type the URL of our wordpress blog into the facebook debugger – and only after that will Facebook actually recognize the meta-tagged images as part of my “status” posting to facebook.

Any ideas why Facebook requires this step (of putting the URL into the debugger)?

6. Jo Keeling says:

Ditto to MDA! It only works on the Pages but when you link a Post on facebook, it still shows no thumbnails. Any ideas?

7. Eric says:

How can I change the thumbnail? It is choosing the wrong one? can I add one somethere on the page specifically to work with this plugin?

Thanks!

8. Roman says:

YouTube must have made some API changes again, plugin doesn’t work. :\

9. Miguel says:

Hello, thanks a lot for the great job, the plugin is working great, but I have a question:

If I embed the video in facebook shares, people will play the video in facebook, instead of visiting the website.

Will those “plays” count as visits to my website?

Thanks in advance.

10. BMartin1776 says:

Any suggestions on how to make wordpress.org blog vid posts share and embed on FB regardless of source (NOT YouTube or Vimeo)?

Trackbacks /